Geneigte Leser

Mittwoch, 20. September 2017

All the small things

Sometimes it is the little things that can make a big difference. 

A signpost, that has no meaning for gameplay, but creates more ambience. Six dinosaur eggs that are needed for Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago scenario.
The eggs are cut from Styrodur and sanded with sand paper until the final shape was ok. The signpost is made from balsa wood.



Doc is right, sometimes it's the little things that make a big difference - on the gaming table at least...      
Therefore Michi has to contribute some other small things too:
There are Cybermats for Warlord's "Doctor Who - Into the Time Vortex",
as well as some more barrels to provide powder, rum, wine, beer and cover for pirates, cowboys, moonshiners and soldiers (or anybody else the dedicated reader may imagine...)
Finally Michi has painted a small herd of Oryx antelopes for Congo and the eastern African steppes:


 

Freitag, 15. September 2017

Giant Mushrooms

For a long time I had a piece of ground with giant mushrooms in my mind. I wanted something like that in Jules Verne's "Journey to the center of the earth". Now, with Ghost Archipelago, the time had come to get to work.

There are prefabricated mushroom molds, but I wanted to make everything from scratch. The basic shapes I have completely cut from Styrodur, the bottom of the mushroom caps I have hollowed out with a kitchen burner. In order not to let the mushrooms look like from the fairy-tale forest, I decided against the typical red white dotted fly agaric painting, so it would fit better to a jungle.

 
 

Dienstag, 12. September 2017

A small swamp

A small swamp built from scratch. Can be used for the upcoming Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago, Congo or the deep south of Dracula's America.
An old compact disc is used as base. I use tin foil for the basic shape and paint it with variations of green and blue. Fast hardened plaster is used for the outer rims. The two little rocks are cut out of styrodur. After everything was dry I fill in a little bit of liquid resin mixed with a light brown wash. Before the resin was dried, I have sprinkled some spots of dark grass, which becomes lumps.